Always take a test shot to check your background setup, lighting, and crop. The final crop will vary, so ensure full face is captured in the highest possible resolution to show as much skin detail as possible.
Ensure framing and body position is consistent throughout the process. The position is to be in the center of the frame leaving a small amount of space on the top and bottom, so we can ensure room to crop in as needed during the editing stage.
After shots should be taken in the same position as the before shots. Look out for face positioning and posture as this can change the crop.
- Use a clutter-free neutral background, good lighting is key
- Shoot in a quiet room without distractions
- Ensure skin is freshly cleaned
- No makeup should be applied
- Hair should be pulled back from the face (with a neutral-coloured headband or hair completely tied back)